In many organisations managers are promoted according to their technical skills, rather than their management or people skills. Naturally, once promoted, they may go through some form of management development programme, but in our experience this often fails to address the issue of dealing with performance shortfalls in staff.
The Performance Consulting approach covered on this programme enables a proactive response to performance discrepancies and ensures that managers have the necessary skills to get to the root cause(s) of performance related issues.
As a result of attending this programme, managers will be able to…
- Develop a relationship with staff/team members which allows open and honest discussions on performance issues
- Use advanced questioning techniques which enable them to identify the underlying causes of apparently ‘poor’ performance
- Gain agreement with individual staff on the precise outcomes to be achieved in order to bridge performance gaps.
- Create development plans which resolve performance issues – with consequent improvements to revenue generation and bottom line results
- Monitor and evaluate the results of agreed actions, and develop strategies for encouraging on-going ownership of individual performance.
- Understand and utilise the nature of rapport and its importance in achieving high quality outcomes